The Copperas Cove ISD Sports Medicine Department
We are committed to educating, serving, and growing our athletic department by delivering the highest quality care to all of its student-athletes.
The Sports Medicine Department follows these guidelines:
- ALWAYS do the right thing for students and their wellbeing
- Prevention of athletic injuries
- Promote mental health wellness for student-athletes through education, prevention, and counseling.
- Work within guidelines established by team physicians, and the guiding principles of the NATA , TSATA , CCISD and UIL.
- Be leaders in communication with all stakeholders (athletes, providers, parents, coaches, administrators)
- Protect and return injured student-athletes to participation as safely and quickly as possible
- Maintain and deliver current, scientifically sound care to every student-athlete
In addition, the licensed and certified athletic training staff serves as instructors, supervisors, and mentors for our athletic training students.